Assessment & Monitoring against the new Aged Care Quality Standards will commence from 1 July 2019.
The standards have a very clear focus on Consumer Dignity and Choice & you will be required to include evidence about how you support consumers to exercise choice & independence.
- Fridges not permitted in consumers rooms
- No Alcohol allowed
- Efforts will not be made to improve the consumers mobility
- No meal choices & set meal times
- Will not accept consumers with challenging dementia behaviours
- Placement acceptance will be based on ACAT Support plan information
- Ability to pay (with RAD preference) Admission enquiries provide the potential new consumer their first impression of your company.
If done well, the admission process will lay great foundations for a meaningful transition into care.
If the new consumer & their family are disengaged from the beginning, it may be very difficult to re-engage with them.
Do you know what potential consumers are being told when they make a new enquiry?